How to Start a Business in Bulgaria - Transport Licenses & Virtual Offices
Bulgaria is proving to be an attractive destination for foreign investment. It is at the forefront of international attention for providing business structures and holding companies with a genuine low-cost and low-tax environment. Bulgaria is extremely popular with business people in the transport or freight industry who are looking for transport licenses and virtual offices from which to operate their companies from.
Tax in Bulgaria
Compared to many countries, Bulgaria ranks very low on the corporate tax scale so entrepreneurs looking to start up abroad would do well to consider this country for tax advantages. Qualified chartered accountants will help you to understand the finer details of the Bulgarian tax structure to keep you within the law, but as a quick overview you can expect to find these advantages on offer in Bulgaria:
- 10% Corporate income tax
- 20% Standard VAT rate
- 10% Personal income tax
- Excise duty (alcohol, cigarettes and petrol)
- No separate capital gains tax (gains on disposals are added to mainstream income for CIT calculation)
- 0% withholding tax on dividends and liquidation quotas distributed by local entities to Bulgarian & EU resident companies; 5% in all other cases
- Double taxation treaties with more than 60 countries.
When it comes to labour and operational cost levels, Bulgaria is regarded as being highly competitive compared to other countries in the sector.
Requirements for company formation in Bulgaria
- Founders of the Ltd Company can be local, foreign individuals or legal entities.
The minimum capital required for a Ltd to be established is €1
The great news for entrepreneurs wishing to open a company in Bulgaria is that company formation only takes approximately 3 weeks.
Please contact us on 0033 (0)1 53 57 49 10 or email us from our contact page if you’d like to discuss company incorporation in Bulgaria or need any further information about documentation and requirements including transport licences and virtual offices.